Our mission is to effectively combine sound professional planning principles, public involvement, and applicable standards in order to efficiently balance a spectrum of needs and interests while addressing the dynamics of growth in achieving integral development in Greeneville!
The Planning and Development Department:
- Creates long-range plans for the physical growth of the Town;
- Fosters the implementation of long-range plans;
- Encourages public and private development projects;
- Ensures that development projects conform to the regulations and standards set for safety, health, order, convenience, beauty and general welfare of the Town; and
- Promotes the participation of the public in the planning and development of the Town.
Greeneville Forward is the Town of Greeneville's Comprehensive Plan for the next twenty years. A comprehensive plan is a long-range plan that is used as a tool by the Town to guide physical growth and development as well as various social, economic, and environmental goals. Greeneville Forward is the culmination of almost two years of work from the community in creating a realistic vision for the future of Greeneville! The plan can be found below:
April 10: Preliminary site plan approval for Greeneville Hotel, LLC at 310 Morgan Road
April 10: Final site plan approval of Hardin Industrial Complex -- Phase 2 Site Mass Grading Plan for Parcel #5 on Terry Leonard Dr
Phone: (423) 639-7105
Fax: (423) 639-0093