Town of Greeneville
Police Department - Auxiliary
Do you have an interest in law enforcement and serving your community? If so, the Greeneville Police Department is accepting applications for our part-time Auxiliary Officer Program.
Requirements for the program are as follows:
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a HS Diploma/GED
- Must not have any Felony convictions and no Misdemeanors that would be in contraindication with good moral character
- Must complete an intense background check
- Must complete a physical exam
- Must complete a psychological exam
- Must complete a WorkSteps assessment
If hired for a position, it is imperative that attendance at regular meetings/training sessions is met. Those days/times are as follows…
- Mandatory monthly meetings that most commonly occur on the first Wednesday of the month from 6pm to 10pm.
- At least one monthly weekend rotation shift is required – usually a Friday night from 7pm – 3am or a Saturday night from 7pm – 3am.
- Mandatory community events (Christmas Parade, 4th of July, Greene County Fair, etc.).
- For 8 weeks, required training sessions typically take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6pm – 10pm and Saturdays from 8am – 4pm.
The Auxiliary Police will comply with P.O.S.T. rules and regulations, and all uniforms/gear will be provided by the Greeneville Police Department.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please see the application directions at the top of the page.
The Town of Greeneville Police Department has
revamped their hiring process and is now
accepting applications year-round!
The Police Department consists of four patrol shifts that work 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights. Each 28-day cycle contains a 7-day break along with additional shorter-term days off. The Greeneville Police Department units consist of Patrol, School Resource Officers, Tactical Units, K-9 Units, Bomb Unit, Drug Enforcement Units, Criminal Investigative Units, Traffic Units, and Code Enforcement Units. There are also opportunities for off-duty work, as well.
Starting salary for a Police Officer Recruit is $46,172.46/yr & goes up to $51,389.94/yr after successful completion of Recruit requirements.
For more information, including application & instructions, please click HERE, or visit their Facebook page.
Our next testing will take place in March 2024.
The Town of Greeneville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants and employees are considered for positions for which they qualify through experience and education. The Town of Greeneville considerations are without regard to genetic information, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, previous/present or future military service, or any other prohibited basis of discriminations, as provided under state and federal laws. The Town of Greeneville will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with qualifying disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act or any other federal or state laws. All requests for accommodation should be directed to Human Resources.