Police » FAQs


General (1 Questions)

1. What is the location of the Police Department

200 N. College St, Greeneville TN 37745

Google Map
Citations (7 Questions)

1. I got a Ticket, What are my options

You have a couple of options available.

If you have received a traffic citation, you have a couple of options.

1. You can pay the amount listed on the citation prior to your court date. ( If paid, you will not be required to appear in court).

2. You can appear at court, on the court date listed on your citation.

Reasons you must appear in city court
  • You wish to plead not guilty and have a trial
  • You wish to show a corrected equipment violation, Valid License, Valid Registration, Window Tint removal, etc.
  • You would like more time to pay or to reschedule a court date.
  • If your court date has been rescheduled.
  • You would like to request to attend driving school.

2. Where do I pay my Ticket?

Police Department

You can come by the Greeneville Police Department, at 200 N. College St, during office hours (8am-5pm Monday-Friday) prior to 2:00 PM on the court date noted on your citation (located on the Top Left of your Ticket).

We now can accept credit/debit card payments in person or over phone. Please note an additional surcharge of 2.75% on all credit/debit transactions.

Or you can mail in a personal check or money order to the address located at the top of your ticket 200 N. College Street Greeneville, TN 37745.

3. What methods of payments do you accept?

Cash, Check, Money Order, Debit/Credit

We accept cash, check, money order, and credit/debit card payments. You can also pay with credit/debit card payments by phone.

Please note that credit/debit transactions will have an additional surcharge of 2.75%

4. Where is City Court held at?

At Greeneville Light & Power, City Boardroom 110 N. College Street Greeneville, TN

5. Can I show my Proof of Insurance at the PD and not have to go to City Court

Possibly. If you had valid insurance at the time of the stop/citation, you may show proof to select departmental personnel who have been given authority by the city judge to accept proof.

The City Judge has granted authority to the Chief of Police, both Administrative Captains and Records Clerks to view and accept proof of insurance. Any companion charge will need to be satisfied at that time.

Example- You are stopped for speeding and at the time of the stop you have current insurance but have no proof in your possession. You may bring your proof of insurance by the Greeneville Police Department prior to the court date and show it to one of the approved personnel and have that charge dismissed. The speeding citation will need to be paid. If you desire to go to court and contest the speeding citation, both the speeding and insurance citations will be disposed of in court together.

6. How can I reschedule my court date

You have to either speak to the officer that wrote the ticket or attend court and ask the judge

7. I would like to attend Driving School, what should I do?

Attend court on your assigned court date and request driving school.

Only the City Judge can grant driving school and you will need to appear in court to request driving school. To qualify for driving school you cannot have attended a defensive driving school in the previous three (3) years. State law prevents anyone holding a commercial from attending driving school.
Traffic Accidents (2 Questions)

1. What do I do if I'm Involved in a Traffic Crash

If someone is hurt, call 911.

If no one is hurt, and vehicles can be moved, Safely Move vehicles out of traffic and contact the Police Department at (423) 639-7111.

2. Where do I get a copy my accident report

Crash reports are available for pick up at the Greeneville Police Department M-F, 8a-5p located at
200 N. College Street Greeneville, TN 37745.

Crash reports are also available online at purchasetncrash.gov 

There is a charge of $10 for online report purchases.